FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Portland, Maine (April 13, 2023) – New England Fights (NEF) returns to Aura in Portland, Maine on Saturday, May 13, 2023, with its next mixed-martial-arts (MMA) event “NEF 52: Zero Hour.” Earlier today, the fight promotion announced the addition of an amateur flyweight bout to the card. Tyler Parent (1-2) will take on Quinn Poirier (0-2) at a fight weight of 125 pounds.
Tyler Parent will make his first appearance in the NEF cage in a year. He was last seen in action at “NEF 47” last May in Auburn, Maine. Parent lost via unanimous decision that evening to Nate Dorr (3-0). In his previous bout, Parent finished Randall Hathorn (1-2) via technical knockout under a minute into the second round at “NEF 45” in November 21. He will look to get back in the win column against Poirier. Parent represents Central Maine Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu based in Lewiston, Maine.
“I’m excited to fight Quinn,” said Parent. “I’m ready to get back in the cage and show everyone the work I’ve been putting in.”
Quinn Poirier will step into the NEF cage for the first time since July 2022. He lost his first two fights with the promotion last year and comes into “NEF 52” looking for his first amateur win. Poirier represents First Class MMA in Brunswick, Maine. He is taking a mathematical approach to the fight with Parent.
“You know, they say all men are created equal,” said Poirier. “But you look at me and you look at Tyler Parent and you can see that statement is not true! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another wrestler you got a 50/50 chance of winning! But I’m a genetic freak and I’m not normal! So, you got a 25% at best at beating me! And then you add my corner to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down! See, the fight at NEF: Zero Hour you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning. But, I got a 66 2/3 chance of winning because these other flyweights know they can’t beat me and they’re not even gonna try! So, Tyler Parent, you take your 33 1/3 chance minus my 25% chance and you got 8 1/3 chance of winning at NEF: Zero Hour. But then you take my 75% chance of winning if we was to go in wrestling and then add 66 2/3 %. I got a 141 2/3 chance of winning at Zero Hour! You see that? The numbers don’t lie and they spell disaster for you at NEF: Zero Hour!”
“NEF 52: Zero Hour” will take place on Saturday, May 13, 2023, at Aura in Portland, Maine. Doors will open at 6 pm with first fight taking place at 7 pm. Tickets are on sale now at www.TicketMaster.com.
About New England Fights
New England Fights (“NEF”) is a fight events promotions company. NEF’s mission is to create the highest quality events for fighters and fans alike. NEF’s executive team has extensive experience in combat sports management, events production, media relations, marketing, legal and advertising.